Monday, March 29, 2010

Ultimately, it's for?

We must never lose track of our ultimate goal and vision. Why are we doing outreach and discipleship? Why are we cultivating strong communities and strong local leadership? And why are we going all out for ID2010 this year? Why are we doing all these?

Most of the times, we follow the goals and visions set by our shepherds, leaders, or even pastors. And to come to think of it, we just follow it blindly. And to tell you the truth, I'm a victim of this too.

But when I seriously got hold of my thoughts and started thinking, I realized that there is something that we must never lose sight of. And that's our ultimately aim, ultimately goal and the ultimate prize - The Great Commission.

Why are we doing lifegroups? Services? Events? Games? Outreach? Meetings?... It's for The Great Commission. And if our pastor is leading us to this ultimate goal, then I'm game for it! And I'll be the first to offer my allegiance to him. And if our DLs, SDLs, ULs, LGLs... is leading us to this ultimate goal, then I'll also be the first to follow him.

"follow me as I follow Christ..."

So what is your decision?

1 comment:

Mervyn Heng said...

Like always, in compositions, examination questions, in sports and now all in all, in life, never lose track from our original purpose!