Sunday, August 24, 2008

One of The Leader's Big Three: Courage.


"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you reduce the danger by half. Never run away from anything. Never! 
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others." - Winston Churchill

I'm not going to give up on the lives that God has bestowed upon our group, especially the people from the Montfort group. Together with my careleaders, we are going to pluck up the courage to love them, care for them, and not to give up on them. During the ESS, we worked so hard to pry those new believers out from the devil's clutches.. Are we willing to allow them to fall back to the kingdom of darkness? Or are we at least going to put up a fight for the devil?!

It's always been my fear to face rejection from people. That's why I'm going to start being courageous to lead myself to do it - to dare to love all those 'not-so-lovable' people. And in the future, I hope I can be someone like David, who dared to take risks on a much BIGGER scale. (I'm sure David isn't Singaporean). 

And when that day happens, I will say this to God, "Come on! Bring on the Goliath!"
 

2 comments:

shirls said...

go marcus!! go montfort!!!

=) shirls

Marcus Loke said...

YEA!!! thanks!!! :D