Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Goodbye Part 1

As the wooden coffin slide past the doors, our heart was overwhelmed with all the last goodbyes filled with heart-wrenching emotions of wanting him to stay longer. Every second, the wooden 'case' slides further and further away. Until a point when our hearts couldn't take it anymore. Tears streamed down our faces...

"Goodbye..."

It was truly a difficult moment for me to savor because I grew up together with him. Since young, I stayed at his house for days! He'd always bring us to the airport to have fun. And now, he's taken a step ahead. I'd really love to have him at my wedding in the future. I'd really love to have him raise my children. But all these wishes couldn't be fulfilled anymore...

But as I'm reflecting on these 5 days spent with him while he's in the wooden 'case', I felt God's peace, assurance and His heart for mankind. Throughout this whole experience, God has brought the Loke family closer together. Like yeast in a batch of dough, God is molding the family to become fine, sweet bread. I'm really very amazed by how God works. Whenever God wants to use someone powerfully, He'd always demolishes our ego, pride and self-esteem. Once through with that, He would raise us up on eagle's wings. One example, my dad.

To cut the whole story short, I felt that God is going to do a great work in this family! My father's heart was softened by the encouragement and the support he received from the church. (There's nothing like the church, when the church is working right. - Bill Hybels) I really do hope that one day, he will come into the sheep pen too.

And surely, at the end of the day, I can boldy declare, "me and my household will serve the Lord!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey marcus! i changed my link. Relink me yeah?
http://rencethebiker.blogspot.com/